Friday 4 July 2014

Northwards of Roswell. Update 1


Hello everyone!

It has been quite some time before my last update. ETCorps tutorial is at the moment waiting for me to have more extra time. After I finished the second part, I realised that maybe a written guideline is not the more appropiate way of teaching... perhaps I will try with video tutorials in the future.

For the moment, I wanted to show the world that I haven't been idle and actually I have another project that I am working on :)

The name of my current project is Northwards of Roswell:

"The game about aliens on Earth, trying to find their way home." 

Lost doesn't really mean that they are poor, helpless and goodwilled creatures...

It is a real time strategy, 3D game for mobiles where will try to mix two of the best strategy games of the recent years: XCOM and FTL. I will not talk too much about the features of this ambitious project since it is so early in development that anything can change (and will change). :)




The status

I hope I will have enough material to put stuff here at least once a month. Screenshots, gifs, videos and even demos that shows the progress and hopefully will attract the attention of some readers :)

Different hybrids that the player can create mixing local fauna and aliens.

Player takes decisions like keeping a low profile or cause terror during his stay on Earth.

Story will be randomized with different races and aliens to begin with.


GamePlay mock-up. How the game may look like in the future.

First prototype testing with cameras and controls.


Click here to play the demo in higher resolution.


Thank you for watching! Remember that the project has a Facebook and Twitter page. I hope this project will eventually be finished, for the moment we are 4 people working on it on our free time. :)

If you like what you saw, please show us your support leaving a comment below. Do you see potential in this project? Would you like to see it finished? Do you have any idea that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment